At DGT, we’re always looking for the right people to join our growing team to take on an array of challenging projects in a demanding, fast-paced industry and region. Throughout the firm and predecessor companies’ 140-year-history, DGT Associates has been the go-to, trusted partner for transportation hubs, ballparks, hospitals, academic institutions and historic homes — many of Greater Boston’s most iconic landmarks. Our values come from our commitment to our community, clients, our industry and team. We’re a technology-forward firm, rooted in the fundamentals of our profession.
DGT Associates, New England’s premier surveying and civil engineering firm, is seeking a Utility Locator Technician to join our Boston office.
We’re seeking geospatial professionals to join our team for subsurface utility mapping work using geophysical instruments such as electromagnetic and Ground-Penetrating Radar (GPR) to map and locate and document existing site conditions above and below the surface.
Ideal candidates would have experience with electromagnetic interference (EMI) and ground-penetrating radar (GPR) technology and field experience with field survey and data collection, GIS and or geophysics background. Candidates should be able to open manholes, work in all weather conditions, and travel when needed at times. Familiarity with additional geophysical equipment is preferred.
- Read and understand survey plans and utility records
- Use electromagnetic locating equipment, GPR equipment to designate utility lines
- Perform and understand directions and follow company procedures and standards for all phase of field work to execute utility surveys with other field and survey staff
- Use survey equipment and data collectors to locate existing structures and locate marked lines
- Prepare field sketches and photo documentation of utilities, manholes, handholes and other items
- Must be able to maintain and care for company assigned vehicle and equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in and around the Boston area
- Some travel when necessary to other work areas
Requirements for this position include:
- 3-5 years of field and office experience
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude
- Must be OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certified or have the ability to be certified
- Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Associate’s degree or higher is preferred, but not required
- National Utility Locating Contractors Association (Nulca) certification is preferred, but not required
DGT Associates offers:
- Medical & dental plans
- Paid Vacation, sick time & holidays
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Life insurance and long-term disability
- Short-term insurance options
- Professional training & education assistance
- Industry certification reimbursement
- Company outings