At DGT, we’re always looking for the right people to join our growing team to take on an array of challenging projects in a demanding, fast-paced industry and region. Throughout the firm and predecessor companies’ 140-year-history, DGT Associates has been the go-to, trusted partner for transportation hubs, ballparks, hospitals, academic institutions, and historic homes — many of Greater Boston’s most iconic landmarks. Our values come from our commitment to our community, clients, our industry, and team. We’re a technology-forward firm, rooted in the fundamentals of our profession.
DGT Associates, New England’s premier surveying and civil engineering firm, is seeking a Geoscience Technician to join our Boston, Massachusetts office.
DGT Associates is currently seeking a geoscientist with an interest in practical application to join our growing and ambitious utility mapping team. DGT is applying cutting edge Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) and mobile mapping technology and want to grow the team responsible for planning projects, maintaining equipment, and collecting GPR and LiDAR data. Applicants should have interest in geophysical survey methods, especially ground penetrating radar, the practical skills necessary to operate the equipment, and an eagerness to learn. Attention to detail and commitment to high quality data is necessary. Experience with geophysical collection equipment and interpretation software is preferred but not required.
- Prep, assemble, run, and maintain GPR and mobile mapping technology and equipment
- Use survey equipment and data collectors to navigate the collection of data and locate existing structures and marked lines
- Upload data to the cloud, maintain data organization, and ensure timely delivery to the data processor
- Perform, understand, and follow company procedures and standards for all phase of field work
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Geoscience background preferred (Bachelor’s degree in a related earth science field or 1-2 years of previous field experience)
- Experience within the MS Office suite
- A desire to learn about the industry’s latest technology
- Commitment to data quality and high-quality collection
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and ability to work independently
- Able to work in the Boston area
- Some travel around New England required with potential to expand further
- Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Must be OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certified or have the ability to be certified
- Previous experience with surveying software is preferred
DGT Associates offers:
Competitive compensation and benefits package, along with assistance in training, education and overall wellness that helps build a career, and enhance your life:
- Medical & Dental Plans
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time & Holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Insurance Options
- Professional Training & Education Assistance
- Industry Certification Reimbursement
- Company Outings
DGT is an EO/AA/VEV/Disabled employer.